Friday, January 10, 2014


Matthew 9:21-23

21 She said to herself, “If I only touch his cloak, I will be healed.”
22 Jesus turned and saw her. “Take heart, daughter,” he said, “your faith has healed you.” And the woman was healed at that moment.

23 When Jesus entered the synagogue leader’s house and saw the noisy crowd and people playing pipes,


This wonderful little painting was created by Katey of Blue Eyed Duck . I purchased it a few years ago because I love it, so much so that it is the screensaver on our computer also.

Recently a good friend was diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's Disease. Fortunately, she is a person of very strong faith. Naturally you want to do something for those you love  in crisis, so I asked Katey to allow me to reproduce her lovely artwork in stained glass to give our friend. Katey graciously agreed for which I am very grateful as her image is perfect in this situation. My sister in law Judy purchased the supplies, the pattern was generously donated as were some other supplies but I'm not sure the donors would want their names publicized.
And so the project begins.

In stained glass your cut line needs a way out, so faces unless painted on are a problem so Katey's artwork had to be changed some. Here is the pattern~


I should tell you that if you love this image Katey still sells prints in her Etsy store.

I've almost finished cutting out the panel, those outside squiggly lines were a killer but I'm really enjoying making this. I hope it reminds our good friend to hold on to her faith in this time of trial.



The glass for Jesus' robe is being hand picked and donated by a glass supplier that I do business with, so I'm waiting for delivery to complete that. I sure hope it gets here soon, but I can start foiling now, in order to keep moving along. We still haven't decided whether or not we will put the writing on it.

This morning I woke almost startled with the idea of replicating this panel In Memory of my deceased husband and donating it to his church. I wonder if Katey would allow me to use it twice? I wonder if the church has a place for it? I love Katey's artwork.

2 comments:

CarolAndXena said...

Beautiful rendition of Katey's work. Beautiful sentiments and my prayers go out to all involved. Give support to those in crisis through the gifts you've been blessed with.

Unknown said...

I think leaving the piece without the words gives the observer the chance to create their own words and devotion to such a beautiful piece of art....sometimes words cannot say enough